Create a new Community Center! Come to Spring Town Meeting –April 3 Article 20 will fund a plan to remodel a building on land given to the Town of Wayland.
Benefits to Wayland Residents:
- Serves unmet Community needs: space for residents of ‘all seasons of life’
- Expands our Council on Aging to serve Wayland’s seniors
- Creates rooms for indoor Recreation Department activities
- Attractive locale for art classes, programs, meetings, events & displays
- Provides an indoor play area for young children
- Creates a place for Veteran’s Services
- Allows displays of Historic Commission collections
- Convenient location for town residents
What’s to like about this plan?
> Use of energy efficient “Green” building design Provides a multi-purpose room & kitchen for large gatherings
> Better integration of a range of age groups in the community
> Re-using an existing building is ”greener” and saves $$ Opportunity to explore grants to offset subsequent building costs